City, sickness State Zip
Name of Company, City , State ($11 billion total assets)
First Vice President & State Commercial Manager
August 2002 – Present
- Responsible for overall management and strategic direction of Commercial Banking division in state of XX, including direct and indirect supervision of 36 employees (51 including Loan Support and Underwriting). Areas of responsibility include Commercial & Industrial, Commercial Real Estate, Commercial Construction, Residential Construction and Agricultural lending, pharmacy as well as Cash Management and Deposit Services.
- Geographic area of management responsibility includes entire state of XX. Commercial banking teams operate from offices in city names.
- Oversaw growth of Commercial loan portfolio in XX from $545 million in August 2002 to $792 million in June 2005.
- Consistently exceeded budget objectives for loan growth and income while maintaining expenses at or below budget.
- Successfully recruited numerous top performing commercial lending, cash management and other staff from other banks, resulting in a strong team of bankers to drive growth and profitability.
- Created a strong sales culture in the Commercial Division in XX – a bank previously known primarily for Retail and Mortgage products and services.
- Instilled a strong and consistent credit culture which resulted in significant declines in delinquency and classified ratios to a level which has consistently averaged below XX peer group and regional bank competitors.
- Designated Executive as primary point of contact for all regulatory agencies (OTS, sildenafil FDIC, etc.) for XX banking operations.
- Member of XX Operating Committee, responsible for overall corporate/bank management within XX.
Company Name, City, State ($1.6 billion total assets)
Vice President/Team Leader March 1992 – July 2002
- Responsible for the administration of a $115 million commercial & industrial and commercial real estate loan portfolio. Portfolio was comprised primarily of middle-market companies and real estate developer/investors located principally in the state of XX. Clients included manufacturers, wholesalers, distributors, contractors, developers, real estate investors, and others. Specific duties included identification and initiation of new relationships, financial analysis, loan structuring and pricing, term negotiation, documentation negotiation/ drafting, closing, on-going relationship management, and collection/workout of problem loan situations. Also responsible for cross selling of cash management, private banking, investment management and trust services.
- Originated $17 million, $20 million, $18 million, $34 million, $32 million, $31 million, and $40 million in new commercial/commercial real estate loan commitments in 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, and 2001, respectively (top producer in 5 of last 8 years at bank).
- Generated fee income of $58,000, $63,000, $59,000, $89,000, $127,000, $134,000 and $211,000 in 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 and 2001 respectively (top fee income generator in 6 of last 7 years at bank).
- Served as Team Leader in lending division with responsibility as supervisor of three commercial lenders, a credit analyst, and administrative staff in 1994-1997 (organizational structure compressed in 1997). Responsible for establishing and overseeing budgetary goals/variances, motivating and coaching staff to achieve bank/department objectives, focusing business development efforts and monitoring credit quality of lenders’ portfolios.
- Extensive experience in workout/troubled credit situations during “turnaround” period from 1992-1994.
- Alternate voting member of Senior Loan Committee, which oversaw/approved all lending activity of bank.
- Directly responsible for the acquisition, implementation, and on-going system administration of an integrated relationship management system. System includes call tracking and business development management, financial analysis, documentation tracking, and database management modules, which are now actively used by all divisions of the bank.
- Designed lender performance measurement system to balance production efforts with portfolio credit quality and administration responsibilities.
Company Name, City, State
Vice President–Commercial Group Head August 1990 – February 1992
Vice President April 1990 – July 1990
Assistant Vice President September 1988 – March 1990
Commercial Loan Officer September 1987 – August 1988
Commercial Loan Representative June 1987 – August 1987
Supervised team of commercial lenders with an aggregate $135 million
loan portfolio during tenure as Group Head. Responsibilities included
management and coordination of all business development activities of
staff, monitoring portfolio loan quality, supervision of relationship
structuring and pricing, administration of proper documentation procedures
in accordance with bank loan policy and regulatory guidelines, budget
preparation and administration, served as primary point of contact with
FDIC, Federal Reserve and other regulatory agencies.
Directly responsible for the administration of a $36 million commercial loan
portfolio. Portfolio was comprised primarily of middle-market companies,
and included customers in the manufacturing, wholesaling, distributing,
mortgage warehousing, contracting, real estate, and service industries.
Specific duties included identification and initiation of new relationships,
financial and economic analysis, loan structuring and pricing, term
negotiation, closing, ongoing relationship management, collection/workout
of problem loan situations, and cross-selling of other bank services.
Exceeded fee income and loan growth budgetary goals for 1990 by 23%
and 20%, respectively. Directly responsible for the 100% recovery of a
$1.4 million bankruptcy in 1988-1990.
Senior Analyst & Credit Manager December 1986 – May 1987
Managed staff of four credit analysts in credit department of $1.2 billion
lead bank of larger XX multi-bank holding company. Responsibilities
included supervision and training of analysts, preparation of detailed
analysis of commercial relationships and prospects, review of
documentation, assisting with loan structuring, administration of a local
area network, and design and implementation of policies and procedures
for newly-formed centralized credit department.
Company Name, City, State
Credit Analyst February 1986 – December 1986
Performed various types of objective analysis, including statement
spreadsheets, credit relationship summaries and comprehensive financial
and economic analysis of middle-market and national commercial
customers and prospects. Attended numerous professional development
courses sponsored by bank.
Management Development Candidate July 1985 – January 1986
Participated in a full time, internal management training program.
Curriculum included courses in financial analysis, intermediate and
advanced accounting, the RMA/Omega commercial lending and cash flow
courses, extensive rotations through credit, lending, retail, bond, data
processing, trust, and credit card divisions of bank, numerous professional
seminars and computer classes.
Stonier Graduate School of Banking – Date
Graduated “with Distinction,” the highest honors awarded by the school.
College, City, State – May 1993 – May 1995
Master of Business Administration – May 1995
College, City, State – August 1983 – May 1985
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – May 1985
Major – Finance
Attended numerous professional development, management, human resource and other seminars, classes, conferences during 20 year banking career.
SPECIAL SKILLS & ACTIVITIES
- Exceptional leadership and organizational ability
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with a wide variety of internal and external clients and associates
- Proficient with Windows operating system, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe and other graphics/scanning programs, Baker Hill OnePoint, Internet browsers and other computer applications
- Board member, name of organization
- Board member, name of organization
- Manager, YMCA Football League
- Former Board & Executive Committee Member of name of organization
- Former Board Member of XX Business Growth Company
- Former Annual VIP Fund Raising Committee Member, Variety Club
- Married 18 years to spouse’s name; three children – names (ages)
- Enjoy spending free time with my family participating in a variety of activities including music, reading, sports and other outdoor activities